Thursday, May 26, 2011

The 6 Best Things to do when the Fish Aren't Biting.

Okay. Let me be honest here, blog readers.

I am not the most hardcore of all fisher-women. Disappointing, I know. I'm sorry if you feel lied to.

I do fish sometimes. And when I do, there really is no better place for a Super Rookie like me than right outside my front door on the White River. But frankly, when I get a day off, I can't say my first reaction is to reach for my fishing pole...

Thankfully, there are plenty of other things to do in the Mountain Home / Northwest Arkansas area. Here are a few activities the less trout-inclined members of your party might enjoy.
In no particular order:

Like no trail ride you've ever been on. Most horse back riding experiences consist of your horse following the backside of the horse in front of it, but trail rides at Stone Creek Ranch take you through 2,000 acres of private land and Ozark Upland scenery.


One of the largest concrete dams in the United States, a truly impressive sight. The Visitor's center contains a lot of area history, including the state's record breaking trophy fish mounts.


Go Karts, Mini golf, Batting Cages and Arcade Games, all right up the road from White Buffalo Resort.


If mini-golf isn't your game, there's a Bigger way to golf, right in the middle of Mountain Home. Big Creek has been on Golf Digest's places to play list every year between 2004- 2010, and won both National and State awards for service and conditioning.


If you don't mind a bit of a road trip, Branson, Missouri is worth the hour and a half drive. With shows, shopping and several (let's be honest) weird attractions, Branson is known as the Las Vegas of the Ozarks- albeit a little family friendlier.


Can't resist the urge to keep you here with us. :) But really, there are plenty of ways to have fun off the river at WBR. Our pool and patio are already open for the summer. In addition we have hiking trails, volleyball, ping pong, a playground and open field for all kinds of games.

How about you, WBR fans? What off-river adventures have you gotten into with your families in your years of vacations with us?

Happy Almost Summer, however you choose to spend it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment